Idiomas del recorrido
- Tour de grupo reducido
- Guía profesional, simpático y preparado
- La opción ideal para las familias
- Existencias limitadas
- Tour narrado
- Todas las entradas incluidas
Next, you'll wind along mango groves and trees of the Nanawale Forest Reserve, stopping to check out the lava flow that caused evacuations in the town of Pahoa. Learn how the lava crept into the town, burning a few homes and oozing up against commercial buildings.
Along the way and during brief stops, view the dramatic scenery formed when hot lava met the cool sea. Kaimu Black Sand Beach, once the site of Queen's Bath, is about a 15-minute walk over old lava flows. Learn how the small town was destroyed by a lava flow in 1990 and view the active volcanic vent in the distance. Your guide shows you a photo exhibit featuring how the area looked prior to the eruption, now being reclaimed by the rainforest.
Afterward, continue on into Lava Tree State Park, where long ago lava burst out of fissures onto ohia trees, leaving indelible lava molds. Visit Ahalanui’s warm springs and see how water travels through lava tubes to become volcanically heated (swimming prohibited). At Volcanoes National Park, see more evidence of Kilauea volcano and the massive caldera at the Visitor Center overlook, and a walk through a lava tube.
Your guide also makes a stop that overlooks sea cliffs where crashing waves are hidden among salt cedar pine trees. Take a drive through a macadamia nut orchard for a sampling and to purchase lunch, and visit the Akatsuka Orchid Gardens before your tour ends with return transport to the cruise terminal.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Hilo port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Detalles del programa
Seleccione un mes para ver un calendario de disponibilidad y los datos de la salida.
(This is subject to change due to ship's itinerary)
Haga clic en el siguiente enlace para ver los precios y la disponibilidad en la fecha de viaje seleccionada. Nuestros precios son actualizados constantemente para que usted siempre tenga a su disposición el precio más bajo posible.
Kalapana town covered by lava
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Free infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat - Considered to be a lap child
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide ship name
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately; light jacket recommended
- Moderate tour - Involves walking over relatively level terrain, possible gravel, lava or uneven ground. Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- Bring camera, hat and sunglasses
- A stop is made to purchase food
- Exact departure time may vary depending on the cruise ship's disembarkation time
- Can only be booked by cruise passengers
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Política de cancelación
Si cancela entre 3 y 6 día(s) antes de la salida programada, hay un cargo por cancelación del 50 por ciento.
Si cancela 2 día(s) antes de la salida programada, hay un cargo por cancelación del 100 por ciento.