Idiomas del recorrido
- Con un grupo reducido se garantiza un servicio personal
- Recogida en hotel incluida
- Cena incluida
- Bebidas incluidas
After your pickup at a designated hotel in Hilo (outside Hilo area pick ups at designated meeting place), watch as your transport passes lush green flora and moonscape lava fields. As the car turns onto the Saddle Road, which travels the island between Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea, you’ll see a dramatic and diverse landscape of ranch land, sub-alpine forest and rainforest (with striking features such as cinder cones, lava flows, lava tubes and kipuka).
You will first spend some time acclimating at the 9,200 foot level while enjoying hot soup. After dinner and with a provided jacket in hand, you'll make the 45 minute drive to the summit. As your make your way up, listen to the guide’s interpretation of Hawaii’s remarkable natural, cultural and geologic history.
Once at the summit, soak in spectacular views of the horizon, Haleakala on Maui, Mauna Loa and Hualalai. Mauna Kea’s summit is also home to a world-class array of telescopes.
After sunset, you will descend to the Visitor’s Information Station at 9,000 foot elevation for a special stargazing show from volunteer astronomers. Wrapped warm in provided Arctic parkas, you'll enjoy hot beverages and cookies while marveling at the brilliance of the Hawaiian night sky. Your guide will share stories of the observable universe, and offer you a personal and educational look at the heavens. You'll then be returned to your original pickup location.
Fotos recientes de este recorrido
Detalles del programa
Seleccione un mes para ver un calendario de disponibilidad y los datos de la salida.
Pick-up Locations in Hilo:
(If you are lodging out of Hilo, we will meet at the Hilo Hawaiian Hotel)
Dolphin Bay Hotel
Grand Naniloa Hotel
Hilo Back Backers Hostel
Hilo Bay Hostel
Hilo Hawaiian Hotel
Pagoda Uncle Billy's Hilo Bay Hotel
Reeds Bay Hotel
Sea Side Hotel
Wild Ginger Inn
- Pu'u Huluhulu hill (Meeting location) This location is about 40-minutes away from Hilo and 75-minutes away from the volcano
Times change throughout the year and depending on your lodging location
Haga clic en el siguiente enlace para ver los precios y la disponibilidad en la fecha de viaje seleccionada. Nuestros precios son actualizados constantemente para que usted siempre tenga a su disposición el precio más bajo posible.
Mauna Kea Summit Adventure
- Small-group tour
- Bottled Water, hot coco, fleece-hooded jacket, hot Ramen noodle soup dinner or miso soup for vegetarian
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Guests should be able to walk on uneven or rocky terrain
- Because of high altitude this tour is not advised for those with respiratory, circulatory or heart conditions, pregnancy, or poor health
- Scuba divers should be aware of altitude dangers; so no diving within 24 hours of going to Mauna Kea summit
- Children must be 13 years or older to go to the summit of Mauna Kea
- If anyone appears to be having a hard time with the altitude, it is up to the guide's judgment whether you can continue to the summit (no refund available)
- If the guide feels it is a safety concern, you will be brought back down to the visitor's center while the rest of the group continues the sunset portion of the tour and then rejoin the group for the stargazing (no refund available)
- Alcohol is not allowed on this tour
- If you are intoxicated at the time of departure, the guide has the right to refuse service of the tour due to your safety and the safety of others (no refund available)
- If the summit road is closed, all guests will be contacted and either be rescheduled or fully refunded
- Most stormy days are predictable, however, there can be unpredictable and fast-changing weather
- If the rangers have closed the summit road for safety reasons, we may have to change the itinerary (no refund available)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Política de cancelación
Si cancela entre 3 y 6 día(s) antes de la salida programada, hay un cargo por cancelación del 50 por ciento.
Si cancela 2 día(s) antes de la salida programada, hay un cargo por cancelación del 100 por ciento.